Today’s episode is a special solocast where I’m taking the opportunity to answer the most common questions that many of you, my fellow IBD warriors, ask me through Instagram, email, and my blog. My first “solocast” was Episode 6 where I shared my full Crohn’s story, so be sure to check that out if you haven’t yet and want to learn more about my journey.
Most of the questions I receive are centered around Crohn’s, fitness, and food (go figure!). So today, I’m sharing my answers to questions like:
- What is the best diet for/what diet do you recommend for Crohn’s?
- Do you get nutritional deficiencies on a carnivore diet?
- Don’t coffee and wine make your IBD worse?
- How did you get off medications?
- What supplements do you take?
- How do you stay fit and active when fatigued?
- How do you avoid bathroom issues when working out?
I have plenty more IBD interviews scheduled for the weeks ahead, but if you’re interested in more solocasts like this one, send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll save them for a future episode.
References in thise episode:
Life Period Tracker app
Life Without Bread: How a Low-Carbohydrate Diet Can Save Your Life by Christian B. Allan, Ph.D and Wolfgang Lutz, M.D.
Breaking the Vicious Cycle: Intestinal Health Through Diet by Elaine Gottschall, B.A., M.Sc.
The Complete Low-FODMAP Diet: A Revolutionary Plan for Managing IBS and Other Digestive Disorders by Sue Shepherd Ph.D. and Peter Gibson, M.D.